Saturday, July 24, 2010

Are my symptoms a sign of diabetes mellitus


Are my symptoms a sign of diabetes mellitus?
I have a sensation on my tongue, almost like a numbness or a coating over it. It started a couple of years ago on one side of my tongue and has now spread over the top of it. I am losing taste sensations to some foods..coffee, for one. I am almost 60 years old, feel tired a lot, have trouble standing from a squatting position, such as working in my garden or retrieving things from a low cabinet, have bouts of sweating...similar to hot flashes. I will see a doctor asap, but wanted to know if these are signs of diabetes. Anyone know? Wow! I read a response to another question on signs of Diabetes and I think I may have it. I get really sleepy after eating, don't seem to ever feel 'full'..always still hungry, am often thirsty. Oh..I dread this, but will be glad to get the meds and education on it that I need to feel better. Thanks everyone.
Diabetes - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes but there are more symptoms such as frequent urination and dehydration. Your symptoms could be from another condition.
2 :
Yes those are symptoms. My father experienced an iron taste in his mouth and numbness before he was officially diagnosed.





Read more discussions :