Monday, March 1, 2010

Is omega3 capsule safe for diabetes mellitus


Is omega3 capsule safe for diabetes mellitus?

Diabetes - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ASK A DoCtOR
2 :
Safe. Omega3 is an oil. Diabetics need to worry about carbohydrates and sugar.
3 :
surely no connection-unless you are thinking that someone with very high cholestrol could not afford such a minute amount of fish oils
4 :
No harm - may do some good in getting certain fat levels down (although the evidence for this is slim to none)
5 :
First check with your Doctor. Then yes I work with a doctor who prescribes it to lower cholesterol in all his patients including those with diabetes. Fish oil may also be good for your brain but that has not been proven yet.
6 :
yes, this is fine. omega 3 oil will increase your good cholesteral. not all cholesteral is bad and some people have increased bad cholesteral and decreased good cholesteral. make sure you change your diet as well that will enable good results. good luck
7 :
actually Omega3 is good for diabetics since many have elevated triglycerides and low HDL. have at it!
8 :
I've been taking omega-3 caps for over a year now. My blood sugar is fine. Here's a little bit I put together for all diabetics esp. type II. For type I and type II diabetics... I've found a wonderful book that will help you control your diabetes and minimize or even eliminate the complications. Some folks who became diabetic due to poor diet and obesity are effectively cured by following the advice in this book. I'm a type II, but it helps all types, especially those who became diabetic due to poor eating habits. It's by an author who has really done his homework, Patrick Quillin, Phd. I have tried his suggestions and found them to be very helpful. I have no complications whatsoever and my blood sugar levels are quite stable. Yes, I still have to take Metformin (Glucophage) daily, but it's the minimum dosage (500mg) and I only have to take it twice a day. I have been off Metformin for as much as a week, but this was with vigorous exercise. Many, what I call, non-hereditary type IIs (those that don't have a recent relative who had it) have gotten off medication completely, just with diet, exercise, and supplements. So, in some instances, it most certainly can be 'effectively' cured. The book explains what's going on in our system and what to do about it. It's really easy and inexpensive. It's basically diet, supplements and exercise. For example, did you know that cinnamon helps blood sugar absorbtion? It also controls cholesterol and triglycerides. This is according to the USDA: http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/np/fnrb/fnrb0104.htm#pinch For men: Are you suffering from erectile dysfunction? I was. Yes, WAS. Now that everything's under control, I'm able to have nearly normal sex again. Read more about it here: http://www.diabetesimprovement.com/ I've also put together a little webpage highlighting some of the things I've learned here: http://www.geocities.com/seabulls69/Type_II_Diabetes.html Here's another great health site with all kinds of general health information: http://www.chetday.com
9 :
I am a type 1, on dialysis and with heart failure and I take a supplement called Omacor it is a prescribed omega3 from the Doctor. It has helped But it is pricey. Talk to your doctor and ask for samples.





Read more discussions :