Thursday, October 28, 2010

By scientific words please, why shoulder joint is the most vulnerable joint to be stiffed with diabetes


by scientific words please, why shoulder joint is the most vulnerable joint to be stiffed with diabetes?
i am a phiotherapist, i noteced that shoulder is very affected by diabetes mellitus and it is first joint has a pain and limited range of motion.
Diabetes - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am a diabetic with chronic shoulder pain in both shoulders I have been told by my gp that it is "frozen shoulder" and that it could last for a very long time 3-18 months He has also said it could be myopathy being that in scans and xrays I have had no spurs or calcification show up. I have multiple auto immune problems & also osteoporosis. I have been told that I need to use my shoulders as much as possible so that I can keep up the limited movement that i have now. Hope this helps ya
2 :
I've never heard of that. I've been diabetic for about four years now, and all my joints are fine. Of course, I'm not overweight, keep my sugar down, exercise regularly, take a few supplements, and eat a very healthy diet. Maybe that has something to do with my lack of symptoms. My recent blood test showed an HbA1C of 5.8 which is considered non-diabetic, so I must be doing something right, apparently.
3 :
my husband has diabetes mellitus. (that is TYPE 1 JUVENILE ONSET) not the fat people diabetes. he also has this shoulder stiffnes.. the doctor called it diabetic shoulder. just a condition that develops possible because of bad circulation






 Read more discussions :