Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Brain aches, sensitivity to light, cloudy thoughts, blurred vision, high cholesterol + frequent urination


 Brain aches, sensitivity to light, cloudy thoughts, blurred vision, high cholesterol + frequent urination?
20 year old male, healthy, no previous medical issues. Have had a blood test for diabetes mellitus but came back fine. It was noted that cholesterol was high for my age. Also had a general blood test to check blood workup, liver, kidney and thyroid - all came back fine. My blood pressure and heart rate fluctuate from time to time, and my family has a history of heart attacks at young ages (my dad recovered from a heart attack when he was 39. His dad also had one at a young age.) I'm a bit of a loss really. I feel like I am unable to concentrate, from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep. I always feel unrested as well, and have difficulty getting up in the morning, as well as falling asleep in the first place. I am an intelligent individual studying law at university, but I feel it is beginning to affect my ability to work and focus. It becomes especially prevalent when I'm in a bright area (like a supermarket) or there are many visual or audial stimuli. It's as though my brain cannot focus on everything occuring around me, and I find it difficlut to find words and speak at times - as though I'm fading out of consciousness. What is wrong with me? Thanks in advance
Other - Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sounds to me like you may be developing an anxiety disorder. you may want to consult your doctor about what you are experiencing.
2 :
Chris, have them do a deeper blood panel workup, test T3 and T4 thyroid levels, the general tests don't always show thyroid problems and these are more specific. I would also since you have a high history of heart problems have some tests, EKG, heart stress test, holter monitor, maybe heart ultrasound to make sure things are ok, then it's a baseline to check in the future if you have any heart issues later on. Best to get that cholesterol down. Hope you feel better.







Read more discussions :