Monday, October 12, 2009

Why ketogenesis do not occur in type 2 diabetes mellitus


why ketogenesis do not occur in type 2 diabetes mellitus?
what it is relation with insulin
Diabetes - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Ketosis is when the body uses fat for energy. It occurs in type one diabetes because the body is unable to produce insulin. The muscles cannot use glucose because there is no insulin to transport the glucose I'm pretty sure it can occur in type 2 diabetes as monitoring ketosis is key in the Atkins diet.
2 :
Hey, Ketones were found in my Urine and blood stream when I was in the emergency room for three different times in the winter of 2009. Jan, Feb, and Mar, I had to go to the emergency room when I got really sick. I listened to my VA Doctors advice and not pay attention to my glucose levlels and, to eat whatever I wanted. So, I ended up in the emergency rooms. They did find Ketones in my blood and urine each of the three months. Yet, one year later the VA told me I was 100% healthy. The Aurora medical Center told me I was 100% sick with hypoglycemia and, I had some type of diabetes. Just goes to say that no two doctors are going to agree on anything the other says. I definately think they can be in type 2 diabetes unless someone here can come up with a corrected proof.
3 :
Ketogenesis can not only occur in all diabetics, but in non diabetics as well. Start looking at the fitness sites. Almost all the muscle building sites that are worth a nickle will talk about burning keytones. The relationship between ketogenesis and insulin: If you don't have enough insulin, your body will burn keytones for fuel instead of glucose. If you are insulin resistant, the same thing happens. Keytones are sort of a 'back up' energy source if your body needs it.
4 :
ketones are the byproduct of fatty acid . keto acidosis does not occur in a patient with a type 2 diabetes mellitus. normally type 2 is a insulin non dependent diabetes so insulin is non dependent in this . so ketogenesis does not occur in type d2 diabetes .





Read more discussions :