Tuesday, March 4, 2008

what causes tolerance breakdown of insulin dependent diabetes mellitus


what causes tolerance breakdown of insulin dependent diabetes mellitus?
what causes tolerance breakdown of insulin dependent diabetes mellitus genetic predisposition loss of sequestration conversion of normal cells to antigen presenting cells OR molecular mimicry? it is most definitely not an allergic reaction to insulin, chrys. most doctors would not know the answer to this question cos we're looking and iddm from an immunological perspective.
Diabetes - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ask your Dr...sometimes it's an allergic reaction to the insulin or it's preservatives thats because you haven't met me....according to my endo...I'm one of a kind...he said he'd like to take me to a teaching hospital and see what the student's would make of me... I'm type II diabetic (I became allergic to insulin..it had stopped working for me...) I have LUPUS ( sle) I have Hashimoto's I have Beta Thalassemia I also have many food, med, outdoor, weird allergies...nothing about me is TYPICAL or 'normal'
2 :
Sounds like you could have what is known as "insulin resistance" see below: Insulin resistance is an inability of some of the cells of the body to respond to insulin. It is the beginning of the body not dealing well with sugar (and remember that all carbohydrate breaks down into sugar in our bodies). One of insulin's main jobs is to get certain body cells to "open up" to take in glucose (or, more accurately to store the glucose as fat). Insulin resistance happens when the cells essentially don't open the door when insulin comes knocking. When this happens, the body puts out more insulin to stabilize blood glucose (and so the cells can use the glucose). Over time, this results in a condition called "hyperinsulinemia" or "too much insulin in the blood." Hyperinsulinemia causes other problems, including making it more difficult for the body to use fat for energy. Besides general weight gain, insulin resistance is associated with abdominal obesity, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, and low HDL ("good cholesterol"). These conditions are part of a constellation of problems called metabolic syndrome (also called insulin resistance syndrome). Because this group of symptoms occurs together, it's hard to know what causes what, but metabolic syndrome is a risk factor for heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.





Read more discussions :