Monday, December 24, 2012

Question About Nursing Diagnosis


Question About Nursing Diagnosis?
I have to do 3 nursing diagnoses about Diabetes Mellitus. There are three parts to it.....Stem, Related To, and As Evidenced By....but when it is for risk, there is only two parts and AEB is left out. 1.) Risk for injury r/t nerve damage and loss of sensation 2.) Constipation r/t intestinal nerve damage AEB prolonged periods without defecation 3.) Risk for infection r/t poor circulation and impaired immune system I wrote these but I'm not sure about the R/T because I don't know if it should be common sense answers (such as dehydration for constipation) or if I can write nerve damage even though I don't know 100% because I'm not a doctor....I looked up the information online though. Could you guys please help me? :) Thanks
Medicine - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1 - yes, AEB foot ulcerations 2 - yes, but r/t gastric/intestinal artery damage AEB constant nausea 3 - not really go for something like renal failure or blindness
2 :
a risk cant have a r/t since its still going to happen. And it doesnt require as evidence by and cues. Your intervention will be directed on preventive measures. The constipation can be related to decreased peristalsis secondary to alteration of GI function, to make it more non-MD statement. the AEB is okay, but indicate the span of time or days since you cant say its constipation if its not 3 or 4 days without passage.
3 :
Diabetics will have peripheral neuropathy. They are susceptible to infection and have impaired immune system.





 Read more discussions :