Thursday, December 20, 2012

Liver enzyme test came back slightly elevated


Liver enzyme test came back slightly elevated?
So I have had an elevation of liver enzymes for about three months now and I am getting worried that it may be fatty liver (non alcoholic). I recently had an ectopic pregnancy and then a tubal ligation to remove it. Due to the excessive imbalance of hormones I put on a lot of water weight and sometimes take spironolactone/aldactezide to shed the water, which may be elevating the liver enzyme level. I still experience getting puffy in my feet, legs and arms. What can I do to balance out my hormones, and how can I make sure not to continue having elevated liver enzymes? I fear diabetes mellitus. Yes, I am overweight too. Please advise.
Other - Diseases - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i think the first answer you got was spam. there are different reasons for an elevated liver enz. yeah it could be fatty liver. but also consider all the medications you take. do you take any Tylenol or asprin. your liver enz can be acutely elevated following a procedure. also how elevated are the liver enz, if its slightly elevated then its not too bad. most hospitals have different standards regarding enz levels. however if your AST ALT are in the thousands then you have a problem. remember any injury, like surgery, can increase these enz. about your weight. get checked up for your blood sugar levels as soon as you can. its really important to control your blood sugar levels. most people have elevated sugar levels for years before getting diagnosed with diabetes. for these people the next step is to get their eyes, heart, and whole body examined for complication of diabetes. i know its scary. but the sooner you know, the sooner you can control it. good luck. take care.





 Read more discussions :