Thursday, November 20, 2008

What are the nursing diagnosis of diabetes of mellitus


What are the nursing diagnosis of diabetes of mellitus?

Diabetes - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A true and accurate diagnosis of diabetes can be made ONLY by proper blood tests, ordered by a doctor. Diabetes has MANY symptoms, but all of them COULD be caused by some other disease or condition. For example, tingling in the feet or hands is a symptom if diabetes, but it is ALSO a symptom of a pinched nerve. Urinating a lot is a symptom of diabetes, but that also happens if you eat certain foods like asparagus or watermelon. Diabetes can be diagnoses ONLY through blood tests
2 :
I agree with Gary B, however when I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 9, I had weight loss, constant wanting the toilet and constant thirst but every diabetic is different like every person is different, If concerned go and get a test done at the doctors, Good Luck
3 :
Diabetes is diagnosed by; Fasting Plasma Glucose Test (FPG), Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) & Random plasma glucose test. These test can be used to diagnose pre-diabetes or diabetes. FPG is easier, faster, and less expensive to perform. For more details on diabetes causes, types, symptoms, organ responsible for it, diagnose, risk, medications and alternative medicines. Visit below site and go through links.
4 :
I am going to assume you are a nursing student, if I am wrong please disregard all of this... I'm a first semester nursing student so I would double check but I am looking up the same thing. My nursing Dx book says: Impaired Nutrition: less then body requirement, deficient knowledge, there are others of course. These don't actually help me because none`1 of the which are the case for my patient. It is hard to say though because you need some s/s and the type of diabetes your pt. has. If you want a good answer try the website Allnurses.com You need to mention s/s and "SOAP" data, meds, labs, ect. They will flat out tell you that they won't "do" your homework so have a little more info to give... Hope I was some help.






 Read more discussions :