Friday, September 24, 2010

Could I have Diabetes Mellitus


Could I have Diabetes Mellitus?
These are the symptoms: -dizziness -fatigue -irritable -extreme hunger -tiredness -extreme weight loss or gain -frequent urination -extreme thirst These are the symptoms I am having: -tiredness -fatigue -extreme hunger -frequent urinating -dizziness -extreme thirst
Diabetes - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, you could. But you could also have about 1,000 other things, including nothing. The symptoms you describe are all very general symptoms, and while they all fit the picture of diabetes they also fit the picture of any other number of diseases, or they could fit into the range of "normal". The best thing to do is for your to go see your doctor, describe the symptoms you're having. Diabetes is diagnosed by a simple blood test, and while a serious disease can be controlled with a combination of diet, exercise, and maybe medications. As with anything, don't take the advice of random internet people, go see YOUR doctor and get an actual (not electronic) diagnosis.
2 :
Vicki, You have all the symptoms of the disease, you need a dr. to run blood and urine test to be sure. If you want to learn more go to web md. Good Luck Rita V
3 :
It is possible that you have diabetes. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes almost 2 weeks ago. I had lost 15 pounds over 3 months (I am 5'7" and went from 110 lbs to 95 lbs), tiredness, frequent throat infections, extreme thirst during the last couple weeks (At least 10 glasses of water/juice/milk each day), frequent urination (In the last week before my diagnosis I was urinating about 10 times a day, but it started off as having to go to the restroom once during school day, which I never do), extreme hunger, and blurred vision. You could buy a glucometer (I recommend the OneTouch Ultra 2) and test yourself, which is what I did, but you'll still have to see your doctor for a diagnosis. Well, my mom suspected that I was diabetic so she bought a glucometer and made me test my sugar; it was over 500. You should go to your doctor and ask to get checked.






 Read more discussions :