Saturday, November 1, 2008

Other causes of diabetes mellitus type 2


other causes of diabetes mellitus type 2?
anyone knows what are the other causes of diabetes mellitus type 2 besides food and diet?
Diabetes - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Here i s an excellent site with some wonderful options for you. It will definitely help you. Have a look. http://doctors38.notlong.com/6AAsZSA
2 :
Do you mean, what else can cause a person to have type 2 diabetes besides having a poor diet? Being fat, heavy, obese. Lack of exercise. Genetic predisposition (look up MODY mature onset diabetes of the young) Ethnic makeup (indian, native american, hispanic) Age. You don't have to be fat, not exercise, or eat a poor diet to get type 2 diabetes. Genetics plays a big role. I have known many fat, couch potatoes who have never had a sugar problem. They may be at risk for it, but never get it. Same thing with cancer. Not all smokers get lung cancer, and not everyone who gets lung cancer, smokes (like Dana Reeve). Here is my brief experience with diabetes: My great-grandma was a Sioux indian off the reservation. My mother has had diabetes since 30. She has always been on insulin. She was a little chunky, but on fat. Her sugars can go up very high. She was just hospitalized this year with a sugar of 1420. My uncle died from complications of diabetes at 45. He was obese. I had gestational diabetes 3x. I was a size 2-4 when I failed my diabetes test. I had asked to be tested early (at 12 weeks instead of 26 weeks) because of my family history. The doctors told me I couldn't possibly have it. They told me "Your thin, not old, and active. You couldn't possibly have it." I insisted. They gave me the test. I was right and they were wrong. I 've had two 9 lb., one 10 lb., and one 11 lb. baby. Three of the babies were one week early. Genetics play a big role.
3 :
Food and diet ARE NOT causes of type 2 diabetes they may be contributing factors, the main cause is heredity
4 :
people say genetics is the cause for diseases, but that's not entirely true, genetic factors just mean that there is a risk for developing such and such disease. It is not the cause, no matter what they say. I'm type 1 diabetic, and no one I mean nobody in my family stretching back for 3 generations has diabetes at all, not my brothers either. So I think and feel that diabetes comes from a person's immune system attacking and destroying itself which can happen from viruses etc.., that is another reason.. Diabetes is on the rise a lot as of late, and I don't care what evidence says not all of these new cases are genetically related. If someone's obese and has been for years and eats fried foods, and lots of cheap sugar products they will get diabetes and probably cancer too.





 Read more discussions :