Saturday, October 4, 2008

Can you join the Peace Corps if you have Diabetes Mellitus(also know as type 1)


Can you join the Peace Corps if you have Diabetes Mellitus(also know as type 1)?
I would like to join the peace corps but i don't know if they allow diabetics? I have my diabetes under control, but i know i still can't serve in the armed forces. Anyone know the Peace Corps' stance? I have it under control, I was just wondering if it was an issue, and if Insulin would be available wherever I would go? I definitely don't want to be caught without access to my medicine in a new country.
Other - Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
- Yes, you can!
2 :
I have done a lot of research in the Peace Corps, because I was considering volunteering with them. I never saw anything about medical issues being a deciding factor. I would say as long as it is under control it's probably not a factor. If it was still something you were struggling with, then it may have been an issue because you would have been a higher risk of needing treatment and the areas you would be working in probably don't have good hospitals.





 Read more discussions :